Saturday, March 17, 2012

9th Animo Run 2011

  Experienced walking halfway your destination because of traffic jam? Ever tried jogging for 3 hours straight? Then try to register for a 21k run! Asking "why don't you go register yourself?" Well, I did!

  Me and my friends (Lenard, Zeti, Mickey, and Mico) registered for the 9th Animo Run 2011 in the 21k division that was held last December 4, 2011. Lenard and I decided to sleep at Zeti's place along with Mickey because her condo is near the CCP Ground Complex where the Start/Finish line is located.

  The 21k run is supposed to start at 4am. The 6am mark came and yet the run wasn't starting yet. So Zeti decided to continue bragging Ben-Nard-Czar jokes.

Other runners


 Zeti + Mickey + Mico + Lenard (the picture quality just shows how early we are)

  We were having a blast on the Ben-Nard-Czar jokes but then 6:20am came and the organizers now decided to start the run! AT LAST! I decided to use my Nike + iPod app because it would be nonsense for having that app without using it.

Nike + iPod app 
 

9th Animo Run 21k Route Map (from PinoyFitness.com)

  Look at the picture above. Just imagine! That's the route where we jogged for almost 3 hours! Well it's all for fitness!

 Mico jogging for his life (if you know what I mean)

  The run finally started, so our dilemma. Lenard rushed forward and left us for good. We all wondered if Lenard got injured and recovered by the ambulance LOL. Anyway we jogged by pairs, Lenard pairing with his imaginary friend, Mico paired with me, and Zeti with Mickey. At that time, we don't know where Lenard exactly is. So we assumed that we were running without Lenard on the track. So Mico and I also kept our pace that time (maybe around 20km/hour.) Mickey and Zeti kept their pace (around 10-15km/hour.) As Mico and I reached the first 21k U-turn near the Us Embassy, he felt something nasty, something different. Well his stomach ain't feeling well. I was cheering him up and saying the usual "Sige kaya yan tiisin mo lang! HAHAHA!" So we continued on running.

  As we almost reached the first U-turn, AT LAST! Lenard showed up rushing towards us! This means that he was ahead of us and he just passed the first U-turn. Then we continued on running, and running, and running.

  Mico and I finally reached the first overpass (heading towards the second U-turn near the Tiger gas station) and there he had it! He can't take the anguish of his stomach anymore! This moment was so epic as he told me "Kervs, mauna ka na! Hindi ko na kaya!!!!!" And I was like "Okay sige una na ko!" HAHAHA. He headed towards the gas station and he was shocked to find that the Tiger gas station's CR has a bidet. Hahaha well anyway no additional info about it anymore because it's so nasty LOL.

  I jogged alone for almost an hour until I reached the finish line. In between that one hour of my life, I was reminiscing some things in life and the likes etc. HAHAHA. And I saw Lenard coming back from the last U-turn and he said "Tara na umaambon na baka abutan ka pa ng ulan." In my mind I was thinking, is Lenard discouraging me or something? Well I just disregarded what he said and continued running. I reached the U-turn and the people in the van stationed there gave the runners some ice bags. Well I don't really know what are those for. I was thirsty then so I decided to eat the ice blocks inside the plastic bag HAHAHA. Signs of desperation indeed.


AT LAST! The finish line!

After almost 3 hours of running and jogging, AT LAST! I can now see the finish line! At the end of the finish line, some people were giving the 21k finishers their finishers medal! It's so COOL and SHINY! I just don't have a picture of it to show you but here is a picture from pinoyFitness.com:

21k Finisher's Medal (from PinoyFitness.com)

 Lenard was waiting for me and said that I can claim my 100php refund at that booth *Lenard pointing at it* and claim my 21k finisher shirt at that booth *points at another booth*.

21km Finisher Shirt

 21km run results

  When I received my 21km finisher's medal and shirt, I was somehow relieved and can't believe that I finished that 21km run! Just great! I felt like I can brag about it as long as I have these two.

  Living a life of fitness is sure fun! But don't overdo it because it may lead to the complete destruction of your body (if you know what I mean) LOL. 




Smile :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment