Monday, March 26, 2012

Perth, Australia Trip 3 - Changi Airport Interchange

  Last December 22, 2011, I prepared myself for one of my out-of-the-country adventure! And again, I went to Perth, Australia where my parents are! I felt so excited again because I traveled alone once more. Oh I just felt soooooo independent.


  Oh I just missed my dog Chi-chi. It's been 2 weeks without my dog. I don't know how my dog feels without seeing me LOL.


  7am flight early in the morning. Oh how I wish someone could invent a teleportation machine.



  Touchdown! At last! Changi Airport!



More of Changi Airport!



Decided to look around for some souvenir items because my break is around 7-9 hours.



The Entertainment Deck: This is where the fun starts.



  So you thought that was me inside the gaming room? Hell yes! But sorry, it's not me. I just found this guy playing inside the gaming room. I wanted to play also but I think he needs more time playing inside. Must be broken hearted or something.



  Hell yes! The movie theatre! Been here several times but I didn't watch some of the movies because I've already watched those! I watched some movies like Slumdog Millionaire, Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules, Fast and Furious 5, Green Hornet.


Oh just an ordinary train ride. The transfer train from terminal 1 to 2, 2 to 3, and vice versa.



Just a shot from outside. Planes of Singapore Airlines.



The Sunflower Garden: From the name itself, it is full of sunflowers.



I took a video while riding the transfer train. Take a look.



Some of the services Changi Airport can offer you.



Oh of course I just love CBTL.



  While waiting for my connecting flight, I decided to take my lunch somewhere inside Changi Airport. Of course the first thing that came into my mind is my favorite, Burger King!

I ordered:

1x Turkey Bacon Double Patty Burger
1x Onion Rings
1x Large Sprite
1x BK's Oreo Sundae

  These foods almost took me to heaven because of course of its calories and sugar contents but what's best is that the Turkey Bacon Double Patty Burger is so delicious! The ooze of oil plunges inside my intestines. The crunchiness of the Turkey Bacon, the chunkiness of its beef patty. Oh I just felt heaven in every bite of it. Of course the famous onion rings, it didn't turn me down. The large sprite helped me tone down a bit from the oil galore of the burger. Then here comes dessert! The Oreo sundae! Overflowing with Oreo cookie goodness, chocolate fudge, and that creamy vanilla sundae! If you were in my shoes, you couldn't have gone goofing your ass off BK and will decide to stay for a long term!



  The movie theatre located in Terminal 2. Of all the movie theatre in Changi Airport, I found this one the most comfortable because it just gives me the feeling of a real cinema house.



 
  Just checked what is in store for me if I go inside the movie theatre that time. Found out that all the movies lined up there are somehow boring because I've already watched those LOL.


  Because of my VORACIOUS APPETITE (thanks Zeti for giving me an out-of-this-world english translation of the word 'matakaw') , I decided to go back to Burger King after visiting the Movie Theatre once more and order a sundae. While looking at their menu, one just caught my attention; the Espresso Sundae. At first I thought that the espresso thing is somewhat in a fudge form but hell no! When the BK crewman placed the espresso thing, guess what? It was from their coffee brewer and it's damn hot! I find it cool because it is a sundae with a hot touch of espresso! Sweet!

Just checked in at Terminal 3 of Changi Airport.


Angry bird at Changi Airport. LOL.



 
  And finally I arrived in Perth, Aussie! I'm just lazy like that and forgot to take some shots inside Perth's airport. Oh well here is a shot of my dad's iPhone4s case. At that time, I had the owl iPhone4s casing to match my dad's. Too bad I don't have a shot of both together.



Yummy! Original YOGO Chocolate yogurt!
  It's the first time I've tasted such! A chocolate yogurt! At first thought I was thinking that this tastes nasty because chocolate is somewhat sweet and yogurt is sour so what is the outcome then? The moment it touched my tongue, I tasted a sensation that I've never experienced before! It's like a chocolate pudding because it doesn't taste sour. Moving on.

We just saw these camels in the city. I think these camels will be used for the Christmas event presentation

  A street comedian. Most of the streets in the city are occupied by performers like this guy. During or after their performance, they ask for some for some alms and it's up to you if how much you are willing to give them. Some give $10AUD. YES! 10 AUSTRALIAN DOLLARS which is somehow equivalent to 400+ PHP. Just imagine how hard it is in the Philippines to ask for some alms compared here in the Aussie.

  Just look at this scene. Guess what time is it on that picture? Well it's 7:30pm in the evening! YES! If you're from the Philippines, BELIEVE IT! It also surprised me on how the sun sets late here in Aussie.


  And so the Christmas event that consist of a musical play about the life of Jesus' birth started. Took a pic of some actors but too bad, my hands were that shaky because maybe of hunger.

A huge Christmas tree in the middle of the city.


A random angel lantern.


City lights


  After the event, we went home and tadah! It's midnight and of course because of hunger, I just ate some of these choc ripple! Yum!

  The night was young and so as my body LOL. I don't feel sleepy yet so I decided to find someone to talk to. Here is my friend Clare. Here we were talking about nonsense and trolling each other. Clare claiming me as her son and I claiming her as my mom LOOOOL.

  My parents just applied for a new broadband plan which provides us 14gb of internet data for a month. So now you know what's the purpose of listing our daily consumption then?


  I was surprised to see this giant hello panda beside our laptop! I thought that it was Kathlyn's (my sister) but when I asked them, they told me that it's for me. Oh parents, if they just knew how fat I was that time before I arrived. Of course I considered this giant Hello Panda as a "pasalubong" for my friend Jennifer again instead of devouring it.

  I found staying at home sooooooooo boring so I decided to visit my dashboard again on tumblr and look for some cute photos of Sayumi and Reina. Above is one of the photos I found superrrrrrrr cuteeeeeeeee.

  A new day arrived and we visited Station St Markets at Subiaco Square road. I found this Vamino soy milk drink! Hahaha now I'm curious on how Vitamlik and Vamino is related to each other.

  Searching for some goodies, I found this shaved ice cream store! the Icey Ice!

Just look how much the serving is! Fantastic!


  And here I am again, looking for something sweet! I asked my mom to buy these eclairs for us.


  Finding again my stay at home boring, I looked around for some interesting things. Then I found this impressive machine! Remington's Foot Reviver! Too bad its infrared massage system isn't working but the good thing is its massager is working though. Not bad.

And yay! It's Christmas!
Had these goodies for Christmas eve family celebration.



  On the other hand, I just received this funny email from my school. It was asking me if the information above is correct that is to be inserted in the Alumni database. I was like "Where did Del Carmen came from?" Hahaha. Reminds me of the girl, Mitch del Carmen, that amazed my friends when they saw her play volleyball on the 7th floor. They were soooooo stunned by her beauty. Well I gotta admit, she's pretty indeed.

  As I said, being at home is so boring so I decided to greet Siri happy holidays LOL.


  The Christmas celebration or rather Christmas Fattening session isn't over yet. So we decided to go out for lunch. So we went to Hong Kong BBQ restaurant and ate some roast pork, BBQ pork, and roast duck.


And of course my chinese dining experience won't be complete without Yeo's Chrysanthemum Tea.


After having lunch, we passed by Gelare to get some ice cream to cherish.


  Upon reaching home, I checked Sayumi Michishige's and Reina Tanaka's blog and found their Christmas greeting to their fans. Oh I just love how they love their fans so much.

  The next day, we decided to visit the port to find somewhere to go for the holidays. I was insisting not to go because I just wanted to eat some desserts somewhere in the city for the holidays. Oh just like a pig LOL.



After that, we decided to get some coffee at Gloria Jean's.


Voltage Extreme Coffee and Mudslide Mocha Espresso Chillers.


Voltage Extreme Coffee Espresso Chiller


Mudslide Mocha Espresso Chiller.

Just found this cool guy doing balloon arts. Impressive.


One of my favorite part of the city: The Apple store.


Just went here to wait for my mom and to leech for some fast internet.


  Because I waited for so long, I decided to edit some of my photos. I compiled some of my sundae experiences out of the country.


  At night, my sister, my mom, and I decided to eat somewhere. I craved for some Korean taste and chose to eat at Arirang Korean BBQ. We ordered a Spicy Grilled Octopus for our main dish.



Afterwards, we decided to drink at Utopia Milk Tea House.
  Ordered 1x Daisy Pu Er Milk Tea. Can't remember how tasty it was but all I can say is it is delicious.




  At night, we decided to go at Hoyts to watch some movies. But before that, we ate first at Garden City Food Court wherein me and my sister ordered some KFC Roller: Nacho Cheese and BBQ Bacon flavor.
Garden City Food Court

  At Hoyts, I told my parents to buy us some popcorn. Then I saw the Happy Feet tumbler promo! It stole my senses and insisted to have one! So here it is! It's so big that I think it can handle a liter of softdrinks or more!

And yes, this night we watched Tintin in 3D






  Searching again for something sweet, I found this Baci chocolate. Admit it, it looks like a nipple doesn't it?

  Took a shot with my G-tech pen just for you guys to see the difference between their sizes!

  And here Clare is again. Just imagine she is willing to buy me some iPad and Beats by Dr. Dre Headset. Just imagine how much her salary is.


  Finding for some nice footwear, I found this Nike Dunk High for women. Too bad the factory outlet doesn't have size 11 for this design. It's a beauty isn't it?



  After looking for some footwear, we decided to eat some Japanese food at Shimizu. Look how cute the soy sauce container is! Fantastic.





Creme Brulee and Boltage Caramel chillers
And again, we went to Gloria Jean's to grab some of my favorite drinks.


Voltage Extreme Coffee and Mudslide Mocha

  Upon reaching home, I just remembered that I bought something at Changi Airport as a gift for my sister! So I bought this cute Winnie the Pooh keychain for her! How adorable.

  And upon seeing her place the Pooh keychain on her bag, I just saw this Hermione pin! Haha! Pretty Emma Watson ♥


Out of boredom, I took some random shots to post on my Instagram.










  Again out of boredom, I decided to visit tumblr again and search for some photos of Morning Musume. I just found this photo of Takahashi Ai, playing something (I can't remember what video game it is)
Also found a cute picture of Sayumi Michishige.


Of course here is a picture of Erina Mano, my first ever JPop idol.





  The next day came and we went to Adventure World for some great holiday experience as a family.

Kahuna Falls






Skull Ruins.



  After 1 ride, we decided to buy something to eat. I chose to buy a Golden Gaytime Ice Cream. Its name doesn't suggest how delicious it is. I tell you this, this GOLDEN GAYTIME is far best the MOST CARAMELICIOUS ICE CREAM I'VE EVER TASTED. Really.

Golden Gaytime Ice Cream



  Being thirsty as hell, we decided to buy one Hakuna cup! It's worth it because for a whole day, you can get it refilled every time with the drink of your choice that is available. Sweet!



Hakuna falls again.







  Haha know this girl? No? Me neither. In between rides, I always see this pretty cute girl (for like 4 times.) She's just too cute and pretty! As I look at her, I feel like she is Airi Suzuki (reference picture later)



  Oh by the way, while I was taking those candid shots of the pretty cute girl, I was sitting beside my sister (something like a pedal-operated ride that is 20ft high from the ground.)
  Going back, here's still the pretty cute girl. Wishing I was able to bid farewell though.


  Oh just as I promised, here is a picture of Airi Suzuki. Pretty cute isn't she?




  The next day, I decided to eat some burger and found myself at KFC. Here is KFC's Signature Range Burger by Darren Simpson.


  And of course, my meal won't be complete without a Golden Gayimte KFC Crusher.



Chilli Relish and Cheddar


  Of course you know me. I again walked around just to find something sweet. I found myself in front of Miss Maud with my parents and asked them to buy us some macarons.



  At home, I remembered that I bought a gingerbread from Subiaco. Well from the name itself, it tastes like ginger.

Meringue

  December 31, my parent's marriage anniversary. We decided to eat at (I-forgot-the-chinese-restaurant's-name.)





While waiting for New Year's Eve, I enjoyed again some of this chocolate yogurt.


Tadah! As the clock shows, it's already New Year! Yay!

  Morning came and we decided to eat at Sizzlers in Morley. Sizzlers is a restaurant wherein you can order some of their house steaks and it comes with an eat-all-you-can benefit in their salad bar.



Banana Caramel Pie.


Chocolate Mousse Sundae

T-Bone steak


Free Sizzler candies!


  Of course my sweet tooth calls me again. Another dose of chocolate! This Cadbury Dark Bubbly chocolate is indeed bubbly because in every bite, you can feel that there are bubbles inside every cut! I don't know how they did it but it's fabulous!

Some dose of tumblr photos again! Fanboy mode.

Been eating this while browsing tumblr.


  Another day again and to start the day, we went to Gelare to buy some Ice Cream o relax.
Of course, my favorite coffee from Gloria Jean's

And another moment of browsing my tumblr dashboard.


I took this picture to compare a candy wrapper with the Giant Hello Panda.


  While having a walk around the city, I found this girl. She draw portraits of people for $10AU. Well that price is just for the black and white one. I think the price for the colored one is about $14-15AU.


  She is an artist from Hong Kong. I don't know how she got here but I find her artworks nice. Wouldn't bother to have my portrait done but I got no moolah haha.

  My sister and I decided to have a break (again) from looking on that girl's artwork because here spot is just near Gloria Jean's. Maybe around 5 steps away? Roughly.


  She'll be there until March. But it's almost April now so I think she already went back to Hong Kong.


  Well if you need more of her services, you can try to contact her. Try the e-mail address above.





  Of course the day wouldn't end without a nice snack from Shimizu.


  We also went to Carousel (it's not what you think. It is a mall LOL) to watch a movie. We bought tickets for the movie Happy Feet 2 in 3D. While waiting for the screen time, we looked around the supermarket to but some things (of course, food AGAIN.) Then I saw these Coke liter bottles with my friends' names on it. Just took a picture of it though.


  Found Ryan and Eri (Erin to be exact) haha.


Found Rob


Moving along, we saw some sweets
And again, SWEETS.

The movie place





  After the movie, we went to a Japanese restaurant which I forgot the name. Was looking for the restaurant's name on my Instagram but hell I also forgot to upload some shots back then. Oh well anyway, I think the dish above is somewhat called dragon-blah-blah or tiger-blah-blah. Hahaha.

Then the caterpillar-blah-blah

Then I found another girl artist in the city.

The another girl artist with her customer


  Then I found this shop wherein they sell so many K-Pop stuffs! I saw this album of IU which has the price of $99AU. I told my sister to buy it for me as a graduation gift. And she insisted that she's just a student and how the hell can she ever save some money for that HAHAHA.


Here is Miss Maud's pineapple tart/pie/whatever. So much pineapple goodness.

The city night market. You can find grilled foods, sweets, etc. for a low price. Sweet.


  Then my last night in Aussie came. We ate at Pancakes. My sister ordered for a blueberry pancake. It's nice because the pancake has a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top of it to match the blueberry's somewhat sweet-and-sour sensation. Don't underestimate this dish because my sister was only able to eat a piece of it. Leaving the other piece to me >:)

  I ordered this I-forgot-the-name burger HAHAHA. But I you've been to Zark's I can say that this is far better than their burgers. Well I'm not saying that eating at Zark's ain't good but I'm just trying to say that I find Zark's burgers nice but this burger is far much better.
Took a shot of this because I found the clouds nice.


Before leaving, I took a picture of this penny. Kangaroo ftw.


Then it's time for me to leave Aussie. Bye Aussie.

Ooooh and clouds


  I took these shots maybe after watching around 3 movies in the plane.  As far as I can remember, I watched some movies like Snow Flower and the Secret Fan. Watched it because Jun Ji-Hyun (Gianna Jun) is one of the cast. It is an english movie though and even wolverine is there (Hugh Jackman.) It is a story about two girl friends that treated each other as sisters and even compared their story to Snow Flower and Lily laotong. Well just watch it! I promise you, it's even better than what you think.


And more clouds. I think I'm watching something while I took this shot. Maybe a korean movie.


And more clouds.


At last! Touchdown! Changi Airport!





  Of course here I am again. Walking around while waiting for my next flight. I waited for about 7 hours. And so I enjoyed my stay in the Airport again.




The transfer train




Shots while inside the transfer train







  Tired of roaming around the airport, I decided to sit back and watch something. I found this big screen TV showing 2005's Aussie Open. A match between Nadal and Hewitt (who was rank number 1 that time.)


More of the Airport's surroundings


  Oh and finally, the time for my check-in has arrived. It's time for me to leave you again Changi Airport. I wish I could go camping inside Changi airport for 3 days. It would be fun haha. Maybe next time.


Oh the plane is waiting for me

  And so I reached Manila and went back to reality. Time for some academic action LOL. 'Til next time Aussie-Singapore moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment