Friday, October 26, 2012

RJ's President Grand Palace Restaurant Annual Treatment

  March 24, 2012 - Another day of the year wherein our friend, RJ Ko, invites us in their annual temple related thing in which a feast is held at the President Grand Palace Restaurant. Sorry I don't know what it's exactly called. I mean no disrespect, sorry if you find this one offensive.


  So I travelled from Taft with my handy-dandy friends: Mico and Danae. I think this is the first time I saw Danae if I'm correct. We took a bus going to Lawton and rode a jeep going to Divisoria. Good thing a good citizen beside us knew that we were to get off the Binondo Church and told us that we were about to miss our destination. We said "Para" (spanish word for stop. Because saying "Stop manong driver" is too mainstream) to the driver and walked our asses to the President's.


  Usual chit-chats and lol-ing was observed when we got inside. Of course some of the faces there are unfamiliar because others are guests of RJ's relatives. Only 2 tables were reserved for our circle of friends. So we headed our table and relaxed.


  Having our drinks served early, I again found this Wong Lo Kat Herbal tea which tastes extraordinary!!! It tastes like "Sago Gulaman" which are usually sold by street vendors. Given that it's tea, it might be a healthy drink.


The dragon dance. One cool Chinese tradition.





   Because we were invited to feast the feast, I hesitated to ask what the foods are. So I just took pictures of the foods served. Here is the first one! Noodles? Pasta? I don't really know but it's delicious! To be served first for appetizer, I'll give this one a 10/10 (or maybe I just gave this a 10 because I was so hungry that time? I don't know HAHAHA). Don't underestimate the quail, it really matches the pasta/noodle/whatever.



  The second one, mixed porks and chicken? Well again, I really don't know what this dish is exactly called but by observing it, I can see braised chicken (?), porkchop (?), century eggs (?), and sweetened pork (?). I give this dish an 8/10. I'm so sorry I'm just too noob to describe the dishes above. OTL


Odi - Guia - Lovelle - Aki

Mico - Danae


  Here comes the 3rd dish, my favorite. Again, I don't know what it's called because... okay I'll explain why. This is because the dishes are already listed and we weren't given the menu. So let's just base on my observations and just research for the dishes' names later. HAHA.

  I said that this is my favorite because inside these tenders, shrimps can be found. Sweet mayo can be tasted outside covering the tenders. Others find this not so extravagant but I found this dish superb! The sweetness along with the tenders, just exactly what my taste buds are looking for. Of course, this one is a 10/10!!! No, maybe a 15/10! Haha \O/

  The 4th dish, lechon? Well I really don't know but I can compare this fresh meat with our Lechon. this tastes okay. Not bad, not so good. Just "Sakto." So I give this one a 6/10. may be I gave this one a 5 because I've been eating a lot of lechon that month. So maybe that used-to factor was involved.

  The 5th dish, now I can't even remember I ate this one! So I can't describe how it tastes like. Sorry about that. Maybe I'll try to take down notes in the next President's adventure with RJ. LOL. I give this one a ?/10 for not remembering the taste. I'm a failure OTL.

  The 6th dish, a soup? Sorry for not knowing what it's called once more. But this one tastes delicious! Well I don't know if it is because I was thinking that this might be the ice breaker for the "Busog" factor after 5 dishes. So I give this one a 8/10.

  The 7th dish, a chicken? Now what chicken? I don't know what this is called once more haha. But this tastes kinda okayyy. Maybe because I'm just full so my taste buds aren't working that time. So I can score this one a 7/10? Maybe.

  The 8th dish, pork. I've been tasting this dish from the Flavours of China and I think they're of just the same flavor. The tenderness of the pork + the sweetness of the crunches gives this dish the excitement for sweet lovers. So I give this one a 7/10.


  The 9th dish, a fish. Sorry I'm not a fish fan so I just tasted this and it tastes like... a fish? so I give this one a 5/10.


  Now this time. RJ gave our table a Black Label and a bottle of water. Water = chaser? Maybe? :))

  The 10th and last dish, the CRAB. It's like a fried crab? Well yeah I think it is. I just tasted some of the crumbs because I'm so really full at that time. So this is somehow nice, but the "full" factor of my belly gives my sense not to give it another shot. So I give this one a 8/10.


  The dessert, a putopao? Well this puto-looking dessert contains sweets inside. I almost ate 3 pieces of this even if I'm full because this one is soooo delicious in terms of dessert. So I give this one a 10/10


  Another one, the mango sago. A fruitful dessert. The dessert that was served last 2011 is a lychee one. This time, it's mango. Well I like this mango sago because of it's sweetness + a sour pinch. So I give this a 9/10.




  Before going home, Anjo's friend: Simon showed us his international skills in Rubik's cube. He has joined several international competitions. Just see for yourself in these videos.





 This next video just shows how great Simon is! Now he's doing the Rubik's cube with just one hand! Yes you read it right! Just - one - hand!!!

  Thank you RJ for this day! Hope to eat back there at the President's next year! Thank you so much!



Smile :)

No comments:

Post a Comment